Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday to My Sweet James!

James is finally 4!  We were so happy to have his birthday on a Sunday, after Daddy and Patrick had camped so we could celebrate all together.
Captain America got a new shield to go with his costume.  We had hoped to celebrate with the family and cousins, but we had some sickness go through the house.  Folks usually stay away when you say somebody threw up.  But, to be honest, the kids were all fine.  They were just excited about the birthday, and the last few days of school.

 I'm the most creative mommy ever: Avengers cake you want? 


 Avengers cake you get! 
 It was a first, but we did a Bill Cosby and had chocolate cake for dinner.  We had a very large and late lunch at Red Robin because they do the "clapping song" and sing Happy Birthday, which was all James could talk about.

 He has been waiting to be 4, and was so happy to have a birthday!
Happy Birthday to my sweet James, always with a smile, a hug, and a willingness to listen and help make things easy.  His newest thing is to come up to me and say, "You know what, mommy?" "What?" I say. 
"I love you, Mommy."  Followed by a hug and kiss. 
His desire for Jesus is so strong, that he asks at Communion time when he can "eat Jesus."
Oh.my.heart.
He always has a song on his lips, and is always the first one to say, "Yes, Mommy!"  I love this boy so much, and the love that he is always giving to Lucy and the family. We have been abundantly blessed!

No comments: