Sunday, July 13, 2014

Answer Me This: Don't look at my hair now, singing, and my favorite cup.

It's Sunday!!!  Time for some random questions to get to know me (oh yes, of course you want to know all this about ME!).  




 1. How did you get your name?

I am so glad this question is up first!  This is the MOST asked question about me.  Everywhere.

My name is Frances, named after Saint Francis for my sweet mother who is a 3rd Order Franciscan.
 
That is the easy story.

The longer story comes with my nickname, Fuzzy.  When I was a baby, I had fuzzy hair (short answer).  Being #6 of 7 kids, my older siblings called me "Fuzzy" and it kind of stuck.  I would hear the song "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair...."  As I got older and went into school, some of my teachers wouldn't use the nickname so I thought maybe it would go away after a while.  Then I got to middle school and high school (Seton School, where my siblings went and my Mom was the choir director) and the teachers knew me by Fuzzy already.  So it continued.  I used to debate (read: panic!) how to introduce myself when I would meet new people, and now it just comes naturally.  LOL  I have an odd voice, am short and somehow I think the name works.  (I tried to find a photo of the infamous hair, but I can't seem to right now.  I will keep looking.)

The funny thing about this?  NONE of my kids have nicknames.  My husband has a whole family with them, and I have a very unique one, and yet not one of my kids get their names shortened or any kind of nicknames.


2. Do you have a set time for prayer in your day?
 
To be very truthful, I do not.  I try to do it, and many times it comes to me as I am in the shower.  As a mom, I need to set the example and I need to do it.  It's just one more thing that I feel that I fail.  We do try to pray the rosary as a family as often as we can!  We know the power of prayer, especially when Our Lady is involved!  (Beautiful Rosary image from my friend Ruth's Loreto Rosary Shop.)

 

3. Did your mom work or stay home (or both)?
 
My mother was a stay-at-home mom for the majority of my life.  As I mentioned before, she was a choir director at the school where we all went to help with tuition, so she worked but not for money to bring home.  My mother has a beautiful voice and has always given her gift back to God by singing at Mass.


By studying the Church documents and Sacred Music as well as the Liturgy, my mother was very qualified to lead the choir and teach us in Sacred Music in our home as well as school.  Latin (at least 2 years) was required for school so we often sang hymns in Latin (I think I could sing most of them for you still!  I can't tell you what Ave Verum Corpus does to me during Lent.  Chills, I tell you.) and parts of the Mass.

4. Do you vote?
 
YES!  Though, when I was in school and found out that my vote "doesn't really count" it annoyed me.  I always take my kids with me when I vote and we have a little lesson on the candidates since they read all the names. (um, in the car to and from voting is my hope, but we have had some very loud "We AREN'T voting for OBAMA!" and the like at voting places.  Ah, the joys of motherhood.)

 

5. What's your favorite drink?
 
Hands down, an iced Coke in a plastic cup.  I love these cups I found at TJMaxx!  It has an old-fashioned feel to it, and the fleur de lis just makes it perfect.  And, I love that it is plastic! I do realize that this has water in it, but pregnant momma has to keep it real.

 

6. How are your photography skills?

I like to think that my skills are okay.  I enjoy taking photos, and I have an awesome DSLR camera, but I am not well-versed in it yet.  I am still learning.  I have a pretty good eye for pictures, I think, and unfortunately, am very critical.  Especially when I am in the pictures!  I have to say that I am happiest when my kids are smiling and they are looking at the camera, but I am getting better at the life photos, you know, with people moving.  I have a much faster shutter speed on my new camera so I am happier to take "action" shots!

See?  This just makes me happy!  

No comments: