Thursday, January 19, 2012

At least there were no serious injuries, right?

For those of you (bless your dear little hearts!) who have been reading my blog or know me, you are aware of the ups and downs I had in the past year. (And, for those of you who have no idea, you should be so grateful that you have been spared my whining.) I feel like I missed a year, and missed out on doing so many things with the kids. One of the activities that Tommy is very involved in is the scouts, and in particular the pack and den meetings. He even used to take William with him. The trouble is that he is a very active little boy, and I know that he often caused some trouble. Even though I knew this, it was still hard to hear a story from someone recently about a pack meeting. I met a new person, and when I was introducing the kids to them, the comment was made about William that just hasn't sat well with me. "Oh, I know William. He came to a pack meeting and was tackling everybody. The Cubmaster had to finally tell Tommy to come over and get his 'hellion' because he kept jumping on everyone. I remember William."

Now, I realize that it doesn't sound too bad, just that I have a naughty and active kid, but it was a very hard year, and Tommy was bringing him to the meetings to help me (keep my sanity). I know it shouldn't bother me, but calling my kid a "hellion" in front of everyone, and THAT is what is remembered about him just irked me. I know that my kids aren't always well-behaved, and with everything that happened (and I realize that this person didn't know all of that) it pulls at all the guilty feelings that I had and continue to have when I am not doing a good job as a mom.

My kids ARE kids, and I know they are busy and sometimes naughty and wear things that I am not proud of (oh, Emma, where did you find that shirt?), but I just wish sometimes that mommy guilt would shove itself in a corner and grow cobwebs for at least a week. Or something. And, the next time I feel the need to do something similar, I will remember these feelings.

2 comments:

Maryan said...

Fuzzy, I passed on a blog award to you: http://aleeinthewoudes.wordpress.com/2012/02/03/liebster-award/

Shaunae said...

Yeah my kids are hellions at Pack Meeting too. But if anyone ever used that word, it would crush me. I'm sorry someone actually said that to you. Ug! Better to not know sometimes. Too bad the lady had to remember and tell you quite in those words. :)
You do what you can do and that's just the way it is. And you are doing great!