Saturday, August 1, 2009

An Update

Well, we finally finished the HBO series John Adams. We did enjoy it, but I have to say, because I knew I was writing about it and going to loan the series to my mom, I watched it with a different eye. I mentioned the one scene already, and we got all the way to the last episode before we hit another one. (I mean, seriously? It's a historical series. WHY do we need that?) His daughter has breast cancer, and apparently they felt the need to show the surgery.....ack. Why do they do that? So, anyhow, that will be another scene I will tell my mom to hide behind a pillow while watching. I just wanted to let you know.

(So nerve-wracking to recommend a movie, or even an ice cream. There is an ongoing joke with my BIL about chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I think it's delicious, and wanted to share it with him. He could not have been more disappointed or disillusioned with my choice, so when I say that I like something, I am so careful since everyone has a different opinion. Yes, I'm sure you all wanted to know about that random piece of information. You're welcome.)

No comments: