Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Ramdomness

  • I have been to the Lancome counter 3 times now, and each time, I have been unable to purchase my foundation. It seems everyone else in the Manassas area wears 115-C Color Ideal and buys out the store juust before I get there. I was there yesterday for my last attempt, and I was thinking I would get some blush too, until the lady who was helping me didn't even know where the foundations were at the counter.....sigh. At least they have given me a free sample each time I go. Love that!
  • There was a diaper emergency in Mass today. Let's just say it involved stripping the baby down, MULTIPLE hand (ugh) and clothes washing, all during Mass (well, not IN Mass, but I missed almost all of it!). I am grateful it wasn't all over my clothes.
  • I am slowly getting ready to begin another school year. Sloowly. I still have to order the books, send my intent to the county, and get organized. Oh, did I mention that I am going to try to do 2 kids this year?? Emma is not officially kindergarten age, but she is always asking me how do you spell this, and what does this say, and doing great with Bob books, so I think we will try.
  • August is an INSANE month for birthdays. On both sides of the family. Both my boys are this month, and I am not prepared for either. It's hard, because I know that Patrick would like to have his own party, and Mommy would like to have a shared party, since it's the SAME army, er family and friends that would come to the celebration.
  • William is one (!!!!) on Friday. It's hard to decide what to get a one-year-old for his big day, since he really doesn't care much, but I think we can do a cupcake or something for his big day.
  • Patrick will be 6 on the Assumption (15th) and I am thinking I would like to have a map cake for him. Like a pirate map, with buried treasure on it, or something. I am not that talented, but I have a SIL who does AMAZING cakes and took care of me last year. Maybe someone has a site to give me ideas if she can't help me? If I was REALLY organized, I would do a scavenger hunt. Maybe I can get Tommy to work on that. :)
  • Oh, and we are planning a Williamsburg trip. The day AFTER William's birthday. Not sure how packing and celebrating will go, since I am last minute on things (I'll tell you about that tomorrow) so I hope we have time to celebrate here.
  • On Thursday night, we hired a babysitter. For all 3 kids. She is a great girl who has been here before, but I was going out to Arlington. Tommy's old boss was having a farewell happy hour for him and he asked me to come along. Talk about nerves. I knew some of the people who were going to be there, and was looking forward to it. I felt like a single woman, out with a small purse and no kids. whoa. But, life happens, and as "the evening wore on," it turned out to be me and about 5 very noisy guys. I ended up sitting on a barstool most of the night, as I was the same height sitting as I was standing. Still shorter than everyone there. LOL

Wow. That was fun.

4 comments:

Ivey Family said...

I am so sorry we missed out. I owe you one (a BIG one!)

Unknown said...

Don't forget to visit the silverware museum in Williamsburg.
-Wilson

Unknown said...

Fuzzy you were at that Happy Hour? I am kinda fuzzy on who was in attendance.
-Wilson

Kim H. said...

Hi Fuzzy!

Okay, I'm so slow on the uptake and didn't realize you had a blog of your very own. I'm loving reading it! You are just adorable -- and your family is beautiful! What a lovely couple you and hubby make! :)

I can't wait to read more of the Reynolds happenings.

And lemme know if you want me to look for your Lancome foundation in TN! :)

Hugs!