Friday, May 12, 2017

Go Big and Go to Vermont

What is 33 feet long, hangs out in Wal-Mart parking lots at odd hours, and carries 8 people to Vermont from Virginia?

 
But of course!

Our family made a trip with my Mom to the beautiful (but rainy) state of Vermont. My brother, his wife and 6 daughters live there, and our goddaughter was to make her First Holy Communion.  My wonderful Tommy drove and my mom came along with us. 

It was a whirlwind trip, but Lucy loved being with "all those girls" and we were so happy to be together.  The wind was a factor when we arrived in Vermont, and there was no power when we arrived.  All part of our adventure, including the overnights in the Wal-Mart parking lots.  Tommy cooked breakfast for all 16 of us in the RV, and we had real Vermont Maple Syrup with our breakfast.

It was such a joy to be there, and I was even able to sing with my Mom and brother for Mass.  Panis Angelicus in 4 part harmony to make my mother's heart happy.



 
It's hard to capture the joy and fun the kids had in photos, but here's a little bit.
 




 
 
It was too short!  The kids all asked when Mary Kathryn is receiving her Confirmation so we can come back. 

 

No comments: