Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Emma Is 10!

My Emma is double digits.  Or, if you ask her, she will say "Jazz hands!"  Daddy took her to the store to pick a cake, and this is what he came home with.  The two of them did it together.
 

 And, she picked the icing to go with it.  Quite a combination.
 Notice the hands blocking the boys.  Ah, family love and sharing.

 
 For her big One-Oh, we took a girls day and got her ears pierced!  Godmother Aunt Jessie came along, and Emma was so nervous and excited.  No tears, and no fainting either (I was secretly worried that she might!  She has gotten woozy over cutting her finger before.)


 She picked the "almost diamonds" for her earrings. 
 Ta-da!  All done. 
God bless my sweet Emma.  With her independence and strong will, she will be an amazing woman.  Her love of reading is incredible, and her joy with her siblings is just a joy to watch.  She is a little mommy and always willing to help. We are so proud of you, and love you lots and lots, our little Tax Baby!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. You and your daughters are precious. Started

reading and came to your recent post about piercing your older daughter for her tenth birthday. Your story reminded of a funny experience when we had Sandi, our 5 year old ears pierced and I didn't have her baby sister ears pierced on the same day.

After piercing our ODD's ears, we came home and showed daddy. He really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had her baby sister 3 month old ears pierced! I didn't know what to say, but then our 5 yr chimed in saying she wanted her sissy to have matching earrings like hers (pearls). I told her she could get them done when she turned five too. To my surprise, she said, "oh mom...don't make her wait like me." I was shocked, out of the mouths of babes? Now my family was ganging up on me!

Unsure, I called our pediatrician who said it was fine to do it if I wanted since she had her DTP shot and to my surprise, she actually encouraged me saying it was best when mommy could care for them. She e-mailed me some info for moms having their babies and little girls ears pierced to find the right person, place and best type of earrings to use for infants. I went the next day and had Missy's ears pierced and Sandi was so excited to have earring just like her sissy. She didn't cry and she looked adorable. I have to admit there is nothing cuter than seeing a little baby with cute pierced ears.

Don't know if you've considered having your YDD's ears pierced. Admittedly, I thought it was too young, but looking back, my ped was right, since it was a good idea and it wasn't even mine :) I was the only one who needed convincing.

Realize for many reasons, your ODD waited till ten years old, however, if you remotely thought of having your YDD's ears pierced, maybe your mommy intuition is telling you to do it. Would be happy to share by e-mail our ped's info, but it sounds like you already have a place to take her if you decide to go ahead.

Amy
amyswor1765@gmail.com