Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spring Concert: Recorder Edition

The lighting is tough to work with, but Emma is the far right in this group.  In 3rd grade, the kids learn the recorder, and have a "belt" system to get them through each song, with the difficulty rising with each belt.  Emma is on her 3rd belt (really her 4th), which the tune is "Merrily We Roll Along" (not to be confused with "Mary Had a Little Lamb.") 
 
In the last spring concert edition, I had a few more videos.  Well, this year was a little different format, and I did not have Tommy to help me video.  The older grades sang these songs and dedicated them to the teachers, the rising 8th graders, and graduating 8th grade. I don't have any kids in these grades, mind you, and I was a weepy mess.  "My Wish," "Don't Stop Believin'," and another one, and I was a MESS!  Even with James wiggling in his seat, I was still clutching my Kleenex.  Hormones. Drat them. 

No comments: