Thursday, September 26, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} Love edition

round button chicken
~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~  


{Pretty}

 In our townhouse, there was an area that the kids always played that had the best light.  It was so beautiful, and I miss that sunroom, which I think was my favorite room in the whole house.  My heart was so happy to see these sweet boys playing in the playroom, but with the sun streaming in, just like the other house.  (It also makes me happy that these boys want to draw!)


{Happy}

This sweet face smiling at me and telling me to "have a nice day!" in the morning is such a treat!
5th graders get to be safety patrol in the morning.  I love that he opens the door for his siblings!  I still call the safety patrol "life guards" in my head, since that is what my kids called them for the first 2 years that we were at All Saints.  LOL

{Funny}

When I have groceries in the van and I have to make 2-3 trips in and out of the garage, James will stand at the door, hold it open and say "After you!" with a little bow.  I am not sure where he got it from, but it makes me feel so special, and he's just so stinking cute!  It's such a grown up thing to do.  My Patrick says it's from Lego Batman movie, which, of course, totally throws off my cuteness story, but I still enjoy it.


{Real}

It's not often that my sweet James feels like snuggling with me, but if he's tired and not ready to wake up, sometimes I will get those special snuggles.  
Actually, to get real with you, We had something happen at the house the other day.  Emma came into our room saying that William has a sharpie, is writing his name on the bathroom door.  She stopped him before he got to the "M".  I made him clean it up (along with Emma, who brought the sharpie upstairs), but seriously, I could NOT get mad at him.  This boy wants to write his name!  He has been writing his name everywhere, writing me "notes" when all last year I could barely get this boy to even HOLD a crayon!  How can I get mad?  I did tell him that he needs to write on paper, but I just couldn't yell at him.  I was just too happy.  

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Ah, the treasures in a mom's heart... thank you for sharing these heartwarming thoughts and photos.