Friday, September 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 1) Mommy can do this! Edition



We are currently on the third week of school.  I have to admit that it is getting better!  I had a full-blown meltdown last Tuesday when I realized how quiet the house was without my William, and how LONG he was going to be gone (the first week is only a half day for the Kindergartners.)  I miss my little conversationalist so much!  He struggled the first weeks and I wasn't sure if he would like it, but he is doing FABULOUS, the teacher keeps me up on everything, and the smile on his face when he spots me in the crowd to pick him up is so wonderful!

For the first time, I have volunteered to be a room mom/liaison.  My friend is the coordinator, and sort of guilted me into it.  I have never done this before, and she SWEARS 3rd grade is easy.  We shall see.  I am so nervous about the whole thing, but am thankful that I am not going at it alone.  Apparently, this is the way to get in good with the teachers.  :)

Did I also mention that I plan on helping in William's classroom too?  At least 1-2 times a month.  Yeah, something else I have never done.  I just want to get in good with all the teachers.  :)  I have some AMAZING mom friends who offered to watch my sweet James so I could have some piece of mind and some time.  They could tell I am a whack job and miss my little man.  I went today, and just fell in love with all those sweet faces!  I loved their joy and excitement of it all, and to be there with my big W, and see that he is doing well was AWESOME for me.  Yep, I can see I would be one of those "follow the school bus" moms, except my kids don't even RIDE the school bus!  LOL

Speaking of my James, the first week of school was so tough for him.  As soon as the kids got out of the car, he says, "Pat pat?  Emma?  Oo-wah?"  I told him they were at school, and he would say "shcool?"  It was so sad.  Of course, then he would ask if we could go to Chick-Fil-A and go on the "payground?"  He knows what mommy likes.  

My wedding anniversary is Saturday, the feast of the Triumph of the Cross.  11 years!  I am feeling so nostalgic about our wonderful years together (we dated for 3, engaged for 1) and how amazing our wonderful family is.  Have I told you lately how wonderful my husband is?  Perhaps I need to do a special blog post just for him.  He just gets more handsome, patient, kind and just plain wonderful with each year.  He is always in such a great mood, gets along with everyone (I am not kidding.  He can make anyone comfortable especially by a joke or his laugh.) and does such a great job at each project he tackles.  Including his impatient, cranky, selfish wife.

We visited my parent's house the other day, and I was struck by the changes in our family over the last year.  It's almost a full year since we moved out of their house.  Just a year ago, my James was starting to walk.  We almost didn't think we would find a house, let alone one this wonderful.  My depression was pretty bad last summer, though I didn't want to admit it.  One year in this house.  Can you believe it?  I still would like to post pictures, but I think that I will take pictures of one room at a time, with about a week apart between each, so I can clean up and not let everything fall apart so fast.

On a more serious note, we are still waiting to hear more about my sister's heart issues.  We have a few more questions than answers.  Please keep up those prayers,

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments: