Monday, April 11, 2011

"How are you feeling?"

*This post has been sitting in my Draft box for a long time. I thought perhaps this week it would be appropriate.*

That is a hard question for me. I do a quick pause before I answer anyone, wondering if they really want the truth. Is this person a smile and "fine" answer or can I complain/confide?

I need to complain. Just a little (please). My home is falling to pieces around me because my energy level is really low, and I have to admit that I am feeling a bit depressed. I have been trying to keep up with the house, and we haven't been wearing stinky clothes, but it has been tough. I feel like something is always hurting: not just a little, but a with-every-movement-I-am-cringing-and-crying-out. Yesterday, I got a burst of energy and decided to clean my kitchen, in preparation for our *new* dishwasher that will be coming (I am SO excited!!). It looked amazing by the time I was finished, but I overdid it. Majorly. I was in so much pain I could barely move - my sciatica hurt, ribs, belly, side, you name it. Could that be any more frustrating? I wanted to clean. (If you know me, you know what a big thing it is for me to say that.) The kids have a day off next week, and Tommy was asking me if I wanted to take them to a museum. Um, not so long has I have a ginormous belly. It would be a very short trip. I just feel very defeated. I go see a chiropractor each week, and I am starting to feel like my list of aches and pains just get longer each time. She did give me some good news: the motion of mopping and vacuuming is very bad for my back. :) Of course, that means I either need to get my kids to do it (HA!) or add more items to my husband's already incredibly long honey do list, hire someone, or just do it myself and suffer the consequences. Gee, so many choices. I did decide to hire someone, and feel REALLY guilty about it, but I hope it will help. I guess I'm just a bit tired of the "when are you due?" questions. I want to lie and say "tomorrow" so they leave me alone. It seems when I say "June" they have this look of "ohmygoodness she's so big and has a long way to go."

*This post is only partly written, due to the circumstances of this past week, which will come in another post.*

1 comment:

Shaunae said...

You're so buff Fuzzy! Sciatica nerves are the worse. I got my hip out of line or something mid pregnancy once and it hurt forever. I'm so sorry! Yeah I get those comments too, like aren't you due this month not in two or three more months? And then there's those that barely show. I'm not like them, big and bloated, that's my motto and I'm sticking to it.