Wednesday, September 29, 2010

School conversations

Patrick: (as they are dropped off at school) That lady is the counselor.
Me: She is? Do you know what a counselor is?
Patrick: She's someone that helps really mad or really sad kids. Like this girl in my class who got sad about her brother dying 3 years ago and because this boy (names not used to protect the innocent) was mean to her.
Me: (caught COMPLETELY off guard)......oh. Well, have a great day at school! I love you!

Emma: I kissed Anthony today!
Me: Oh really? Is that something that we are supposed to do unless it is a family member?
Emma: No.
Me: Where did you do it?
Emma: Right here. (pointing to the playground)

(I eventually got "cheek" as the answer, but I am thinking we are going to have some more conversations with that girl. Lord help me.)

No comments: