Thursday, August 26, 2010

Digital Dilemma

I love my digital camera. I mean, I really, really love that I have the ability to take a lot of pictures at one time, redo bad ones, and take videos all in the same place. What I have noticed is that I take so many pictures, and I upload them to be sure I don't lose them, but I don't really LOOK at my pictures. I can't quite figure out how that happens, but as I am trying to decide what to put on the blog, I find I don't really know what photos I have to pick from. When I had a film camera, I would send my pictures to a company, and excitedly wait for them to arrive in the mail or in my email so I could see how they turned out and relive the moments. I miss that. I miss that I would take time to actually see the pictures. I do have them on a slide show on my laptop background, and the kids really enjoy it, and I can actually see what I have and look at them myself. So, I'm not sure what to do. I need to enjoy my photos again, and I think I need to start documenting or actually doing some scrapbooking (digital!) so I can see the photos and go through them as needed, and make books for the kids to enjoy. I have the software coming to me, and I can't wait to begin, and I hope I am able to enjoy my photos as I used to.

(If you are trying to figure where this came from, I am trying to do a good blog post from our trip to see family. I am having trouble picking pictures, and I don't want to bore everyone with too many. Decisions, decisions.)

No comments: