Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Fourth!

Happy Independence Day! What a great weekend we had, with fireworks, slip-n-slide, good friends, neighbors, family and fun. We had fireworks in our yard on Saturday, and initially William was excited about them.
We had the Iveys and Wilson over, and some neighbors showed up as well to enjoy the show.
William was happy with them until they made noise. Then he prepared himself, even with the sparklers.

My stinkers on Sunday. We were going to go to my newest nephew's baptism, but due to a communication error with Tommy and I, we missed it and only made the party.
Jenn and her family invited us for dinner on Sunday, and her oldest boy was so excited about fireworks. It is a far cry from my "Mr. Safety" Patrick, who spent the majority of the show inside or up on the deck - far away from the noise and sparks.
Look how intent they are on the sparklers! Patrick did get a little more daring when he realized they weren't going to be the big ones that make huge booms, so he did come down a bit later in the show.
In looking at this photo, I realized that the propane tank looks quite close, but I assure you, it was a safe distance away. LOL I am grateful that we had a really long weekend to enjoy family time. Happy Birthday, America!

No comments: