Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My first book signing!

No, I didn't write a book. The Pioneer Woman did! She is one of my all-time favorite bloggers, and she came to our area to promoter her cookbook. If you have an hour or 30, go browse her amazing site. She has such scrumptious recipes, and I was so excited to meet her!

She is so real and down to earth, and I think she is just beautiful.
My good friend Katie met us at the bookstore and I was hoping that my kids would come along to meet the lady who makes the delicious chocolate cake, but Emma was my only companion. Tommy took photos, and William decided to act up, and it ended up being one of those "mommy moments."

See? I get all tongue-tied when I meet a celebrity, and I didn't have a good story like Katie did. I just flubbed my way through the signing, as I do most things.
But we got a nice picture of us! She was so cute and fun and even Tommy said he enjoyed listening to her. I think he is going to be the one to go through the cookbook and tell me what to make, since Ree's cookbook is sure to result in many marriage proposals. (Later that day, on facebook, she told us that she was wearing 2 different earrings. I didn't notice, but in the photo you can see it. She still looks amazing!)
That's her cookbook to her right. I think she has the most amazing dimples! Thanks for coming out to meet us, Ree! We love you!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

So neat that you got to meet her! I love her blog too- she totally cracks me up. I found out AFTER the fact that she was in Seattle... darn it!! Missed my opportunity.. :(