Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No sticky fingers here

My days are pretty similar. It seems that I do the same things every day so most weeks run into the next. Sometimes I think it's because I don't DO many things differently. I do struggle with the same things every day: get out of bed early, go to bed earlier, encourage kindness in the home, clean up messes, etc. But some things I do so mindlessly that I make the EXACT same mistake every day. For example: William's sippy cup needs a refill. No problem, except that it's sticky, and I have to say I am not one that likes that feeling on my hands (ask my sisters about the year they gave me finger paints for my birthday). So, instinctively, I go to the sink first to rinse it off. Of course, the problem now is that I can't open the sippy cup because it's wet. So standing at the sink is me, straining and struggling to get a grip on the cup. It usually requires some drying, prying, and a holder to help me. But what's even MORE ridiculous is that I am going to rinse out the cup before I put anything else in it. Seriously?? I do the same thing every day. And each time, I think to myself that I need to just open the darn thing while it's sticky. I am so focused on whatever step it is that I just don't think far enough ahead. *shaking head* It's the same when I am going up and down all my townhouse stairs. I could very easily take something up and/or down with me, but I don't think of it until I am at the top/bottom of the stairs. I am a mom of 3, how can I not focus on more than one step at a time????

No wonder my house is comfortably untidy.

No comments: