Saturday, April 24, 2010

DC Memorable Memorial Trip

Our family took a trip to DC when the weather was just beautiful. I haven't been to DC in years, so it was a really neat trip, and we visited lots of the War memorials and enjoyed the time together.
Korean Memorial. Freedom is Not Free.

Wilson and Patrick.

I know I don't need to tell you, but this is the Washington Monument.


William loved the ducks, but gave me a heart attack every time he went close to the edge.

I think the pool between the monument and the memorial is so neat.

World War II Memorial, which is just beautiful. I am embarrassed to say that I had never seen many of these so the kids weren't the only ones who got a history lesson from Tommy: Mister-map-in-his-head-and-the-man-who-loves-history-especially-American-history. It was especially neat to see the famous quotes on the walls. I loved all the noise of the fountains as it made conversation limited, but made you reflect more as you were reading and admiring.

Patrick took this photo!

Vietnam Memorial. I love this shot. This was so staggering to me, all these names.

Lincoln.....well, you get the idea.

And and attempt at a family photo. Patrick looks a bit pained, but it's not too bad! As we drove by the Pentagon, I asked Patrick how many sides a pentagon, hexagon, etc. has. As he was answering, he asked me "How about a Decepticon? How many sides does that have?"

No comments: