Friday, September 18, 2009

Mumblings


  • Week 2 of homeschooling has been finished. I think the kids are really enjoying it, and I am hoping that continues.

  • Tommy and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner out, as well as some little black dress shopping. Can I just tell you how much I love my husband? He let me try on clothes, model them, and buy 2! (I was at White House Black Market store. My first time there, and I loved it!)

  • In other gift news, my heart is set on a new fridge. REALLY set on a new fridge. Our little fridge was the base model that came with the new home, and it's 18 cubic feet. This thing is only 5" taller than me. I don't have a problem looking inside, but when I see Tommy fold himself in half just to find the cream for his coffee, it makes me wish for a nice, big, freezer on the bottom, water/ice on the door refrigerator. The hardest part? Tommy took me to Lowe's, and we were *this* close to buying a scratch and dent. He let me touch it, dream about it, plan where all the food goes, and........nothing. Silly, I know. But I think it would be a really nice thing to have for our family. Someday.

  • Patrick LOVED his first soccer practice. I am so excited for him! We weren't sure of the practice time, so he ended up playing soccer for about 2 hours in the rain, and still was super excited when he got in the car. In his words: "I HAD A GREAT TIME!" First game is Saturday, weather permitting. I told Patrick that there may not be a game if it's raining. He said, "Oh, we play soccer in the rain" as he swatted his hand in the air, as if to swat away my silly idea.

  • Emma has begun reading. And reading well! She is actually using the primer that came in Patrick's curriculum, and once she began, it has been hard to have her take a break. My favorite quote this week? Overheard: "Emma, that 'e' is silent. Sound it out." Said by Patrick. He asked her to read to him! So sweet.

1 comment:

Maryan said...

Good for Emma! And good for Patrick for helping her. I totally remember teaching my younger sister to read. As an adult, I thought it was probably lofty thoughts of a 6 year old. But my mom sweetie that she is -- said no it was true. (Not sure if it is still or not)