Saturday, August 15, 2009

Now you are Six

Dear Patrick, I can't believe it's your birthday. You are six! You are getting so old and smart, and every day you amaze me with what you are learning. Each time we talk, I am impressed with you, and how you figure out so many things. You are my first baby, the one that made me a mom. You are my map reader, the PBJ lover, and snuggler. You are an amazing reader, and a great conversationalist. You are my big helper in the house. You have a strong sense of justice and fairness, and are very good at taking turns and patience. It warms my mother's heart to hear you so excited to see your sister and brother. You are so careful with William, making sure he is safe from dangers of stairs and foreign objects in his mouth. You are patient with Emma, playing her games and reading stories to her. Your laugh is so sweet and contagious, and I'm sure it will rival your Daddy's as you get older. Thank you for your kindness, sweetness and joy in everything. I am so excited to see what this year brings! I love you, my best Patrick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Patrick is such a good little man; I like kickin it with him. We have engaging conversations and he just makes me laugh out loud. He is so intelligent and you can see it in his eyes when he is thinking things through. Yall are such good parents.
-Wilson