Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My randoms

  • William has been taking steps like crazy the last 2 days. He is going to be up and around the house in no time. He has also become waay more vocal. He lets the whole house know when he is upset. I call it squawking, and it cracks me up when Emma imitates me and says: "William, you stop squawking at me!" He is mostly vocal about food, and if you aren't fast enough, he will hit the spoon from your hands.
  • I am slowly getting lesson plans done for these kids. I am so nervous to start the year, but, on the upside, Patrick has read almost every subject book we have, so he is already ahead of the game!
  • I need to work on going to bed earlier. It is NOT helping that Turner Classic Movies is showing the best movies at night. This is the month under the stars, and they play the great ones at night, and I just can't seem to turn them off. Last night the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde kept me up. It was so good.
  • I heard a saying once, along the lines of how can the troops be ready if the general is not ready before them. I need to do better. I need to be that general and get up in the morning.
  • Emma is sporting a black eye this week. We had a little run-in with the doorknob, which just so happens to be the exact height for that. I would love to say that it wasn't when she was running away from me and being naughty, and I would love to say that I wasn't angry and gave her an "I told you so" but I can't. She is my "spirited child" and I just need to figure out what makes her tick. Any book suggestions? I have read the spirited child one, and that was okay, but I think I need something else.
  • I miss Disneyworld. (I know. That one is totally random, but we had such an amazing trip last time! What is NOT to love about Disney??)
  • We are trying out some new things this year for the kids. Extracurricular activities. Am I ready to do this? I have no idea. We shall see. I have a little phobia of things that I have to sign up for. I am always afraid that I will forget, or have trouble with the kids, or something. Silly, I know, but I am a worrier.
  • My oldest nephew starts school tomorrow. He is off to real school! Would you say a prayer for him?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can Tommy or Patrick please go to Disney World with me in December?
-Wilson