Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My "impress-the-company" recipe

As I have mentioned, I love it when people come over. Love to feed them, chat with them, and just have a great time with people. I have an easy recipe that I make when they are here, and it is always a great hit!

Pull Apart Bread

1 apple (I will use whatever I have in the house)
1 pkg Grands Biscuits (8 count)
1 tsp Cinnamon (or cinnamon plus)
1/4-1/2 cup sugar, depending on your sweet tooth or how much you have in the house)
1/2-1 stick butter (Do you feel like Paula Deen or not?)

Melt butter (in microwave, or in a small Saute Pan). Wedge apple and chop into small pieces (I use my Pampered Chef items for this: my wedger and Food Chopper, which I probably didn't need to tell you, but I will anyhow! :). Slice Biscuits into quarters (or eighths). Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.

Preheat oven to 350. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until all biscuits are cooked and it is nicely browned on top.

Tip from the Consultant (that's me): You can make this in your oven safe Saute pan, or your stoneware and it will come out great. I've made this as a breakfast treat or dessert. This is DELICIOUS with vanilla ice cream.

No comments: