Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's Happened

I guess it's my own fault. I mean, I married him. I'm the one who fell in love with this tall (6'3"), dark and handsome man. I married into a family who is at least a foot taller than mine. I had hoped I could avoid the problem for a few more years, at least. Alas, it was not meant to be.

My kids are growing.

I can't keep up. Every time I turn around, Emma's dresses get shorter and shorter. I keep blaming the dryer, but I know it is not so. Patrick's pants, while they may be the perfect fit in the waist, are expecting a flood in the length. I know that All Saints has had trouble with a leaky roof, but I'm pretty sure it has been fixed, so he really can't wear them to church anymore.

They are growing like weeds, and I can't seem to find a happy medium. Emma's legs AND feet seem to gain an inch every night. Patrick's getting so tall that I don't have to bend down as low to kiss his head (aaah!). I used to be able to go into a store and pick up the appropriate size for the age (4T, 5T, etc), but I can't do that now. They are in an in-between size. The bigger sizes, are just too big, and the smaller sizes are too short. We have to *gulp* try things on in the store! I have a hard enough time doing that for me, it's time to do that for the kids!?!?

Who told these kids they could grow?

No comments: