Monday, April 1, 2019

Winter Odds and Ends


The incorrupt heart of Saint John Vianney came to the John Paul II institute in DC, and we brought the 3 little guys to visit.  It was a true pilgrimage: Mass, confession, relics, and rosary.  I realized we don't often make a trip to such a wealth of tourism and fun in DC, and we will try to fix that over spring break.  But the best plans of mice and men.....

 We also visited National Arboretum, and will try to come back when there is more green on the trees. It was lovely!
 William prepared our home for the birthday of Dr. Seuss.  One of my favorite photos of their time together.

The day after my birthday turned out to be snow day (one of many this winter) for everyone in the family!  Tommy made a cake, we watched Henry V and spent a quiet day together.  Introverted me loves being home with all the family!


Since we live in Virginia, our seasons have such a variety, and sometimes the weatherman is spot on, and other times we are surprised with the result. Our superintendent of schools has been calling a holiday the night before, even when some of the area doesn't get "weather" that has been predicted.  It has made for some interesting "rain" days, but when it is cold and Flu season, there are some days that I think it's okay to keep the kids away from each other.  It has made each school re-evaluate their decision on how to call snow days, so we shall see.  I'm such a chicken that I don't think I would drive on bad days anyway, so we will have to see.

No comments: