Sunday, September 7, 2014

34 Week Thoughts

  • Sneezing.  It hurts.  A lot.  And I am always afraid my water is going to break when I sneeze hard! 
  • Weekly sonograms are wonderful to keep my spirits up, because I get to see my sweet girl's face.  Though, when the sonographer has trouble actually SEEING anything because the baby is so large, it kind of makes me feel like my hopes of a small(er) baby are not realistic.
  • Strangers are looking at me with that look.  You know the one I mean.  Yes, thank you, I realize I have not had this baby yet.  I am quite large, and look like I am going to pop any minute. 
  • Walking is very slow.  VERY slow.  It's tough to walk when the baby is so darn low, and heavy.  Sitting  is very uncomfortable, unless it's on a bed, or a good couch with a foot rest.  I can't sit at our dining table anymore, because the seats are a little too tall for my feet, and no cushioning.  I am sitting below all the kids in our little folding, padded chairs.  Makes me giggle, because I know they are all going to be taller than me one day so I am getting the feel of it sooner.  Of course, all these things go out the window and are magnified when I go back to the doctor and my nephrostomy tube gets changed.
  • Speaking of the tube, I was back last Monday, knowing I was having trouble with it not draining and ended up being put under for the procedure (THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!).  Larger tube means TONS of pain, and a tough recovery again, but I am so glad to be able to sleep.  The anesthetist says, "I'm going to give you something to relax you." "THANK YOU!" I think I said that about 20 times when I woke up.  I did the hormotional pregnant momma bit: crying before the procedure because of nerves and crying after from relief.  The doctor said it was just as clogged as last time, so I am going back weekly now, just like at my OB.
  • My WONDERFUL OBGYN  listened to all my concerns and said I am able to deliver at 38.5 weeks. (I did a little happy dance when I heard that!)  Though October 6 sounds like a wonderful day to have a baby, I will not object to any of the early October feast days either.  Tommy and I are praying that the Lord will choose a wonderful feast for this sweet girl and some relief for her mother.
  • I have been putting off washing the baby items because we don't really have a dresser or anything to put her things in.  I was browsing Craig's List, and wondering where the money is coming from to afford something.  I start talking to family, and we get an offer of not one but TWO dressers for us for free!  God has been so good, and it came exactly the same day as a day I snuck out to Mass by myself, and the Gospel verse was "do not worry about tomorrow."  Yeah.
  • And, I guess I should pack my bag for the hospital.  Especially if I think I may go early.  LOL

No comments: