Sunday, June 8, 2014

Answer Me This: I will!

I am trying something new this weekend!  I loved this idea of someone else giving me a topic (or two) to write about.  Nothing earth-shattering, but fun!
 

1. Do you have a land line?

Though I have an IPhone, almost every other person I know has a cell phone, and most of the time those people call my cell phone, I still prefer the land line.  It comes with our Verizon "triple play" and would cost us more money to NOT have it, but I am always grateful when we do.  I prefer the doctor's offices (and yes, there are many.  Not nearly as many as last pregnancy, but with pediatricians, endocrinologist, ob/gyn, family physician, dentist, orthodontist.....) to call the house and leave a message on our answering machine.  The kids are constantly recording a new greeting, and since I have a high voice (I can imitate Snow White quite easily) and would rather NOT hear myself, it's not so bad.  And to be truthful, I am happier to talk on the phone that way.  Maybe it's the shape, the sounds...maybe it's comforting.  I don't know.  I am not sure how long we will have it, but I do prefer it.

So, yes.  We do.

2. What is your least favorite food?
 
Oh, food.  My nemesis right now.  I wish I could say, as a pregnant lady that I am able to enjoy lots of different foods, but with gestational diabetes, my cravings are real, but not always satisfied in the way I would like.  In the least favorite food category, it is a very tough choice.  The first thing that comes to mind is brussel sprouts, but I can only say that I have had them once.  LOL  The foods I hate right now are the ones which send my sugar numbers sky high.  But, unfortunately, those are the ones I crave the most.  
 
But, now that I think about it, I can pintpoint some food that I am adverse to: Indian, curry, sage (YECH!), peaches, key lime, and any fruit-y dessert that doesn't include chocolate.  (That last one especially applies to my husband, who thinks a key lime pie is enough to have when it comes to dessert.  Um, what?  No chocolate?!?)

3. What's on your summer reading list?
 
Probably something involving babies.  (ya think?)  I recently LOVED Jen's "Something Other Than God" - I bawled, laughed, and just plain couldn't put it down.  It was amazing, and I already have at least 3 people in mind that would really enjoy it. 
 
I have to admit that I am not the best about spiritual reading, and many times I go toward the books that are easy read (um, Twilight, Hunger Games, Narnia, or any of the books I have already read).  I would love some more like Scott Hahn's "Rome Sweet Home," or something not as intimidating as Pope Benedict's writings. 

4. Is there something that people consistently ask for your advice on? What is it?

Well, this one was a hard one.  As the #6 child of a family, I wasn't often asked advice.  I don't get "asked" advice, per se, but I do give advice.  (insert blushed face here)  It may not be solicited, but, I'm sure I share advice on a daily basis.  It's usually accompanied by a disclaimer that I am not an expert.  LOL  I was an orthodontic assistant for so many years and I do often get questions about that, and I am happy to use my knowledge, since I am not working right now. 

To be honest, I like the questions about my faith more than anything.  I am NOT a debate-r, but I love when I get questions about my faith.  It gets me excited, and helps me to learn more about my faith and how much I LOVE being Catholic!  It all makes so much sense and God is just so good!

5. What's the most physically demanding thing you've ever done?

When I think of physically demanding, the first thing that comes to mind is hiking which makes me just cringe.  I have never been the physical kind of gal.  I am the first one to say "no thank you!" to a walk, or a hike or  anything too physical.  Wasn't much for exercising, and never thought I would be.  I have not backpacked across the European countryside, or stayed in hostels or even gone across the United States.  My dear husband knew when he dated me that I was in indoor kind of girl.

Until last year.  To make a commitment to exercise twice a week, using muscles I have never used before.  Some days, it took a lot of energy to even get out the door but I had a workout buddy that kept me going.  To continue that while pregnant has been a real challenge, mentally and physically.  When we went to Disneyworld last year, I was excited that did not get tired as quickly as I used to. 

This sounds really lame.  I wish I had some fancy answer, but nope.  I am not daring enough.   

6. How do you feel about massages?

Like a boneless chicken.  Oh my, they are lovely.  I haven't had one in years, but I usually enjoy them.  Once I get over the fact that someone else has their hands on me it's usually not bad.  I was told during my last pregnancy that a certain kind of massage is good for reducing the swelling, but I never got around to it.  I usually chicken out when it comes to spending money on things like that.  I do have some gift cards for a massage, and I should use them soon!

Visit Catholic All Year for more "Answer Me This."
 

1 comment:

Ann-Marie Ulczynski said...

I love reading the easy reads - especially during the summer. I am just finishing up the Divergent series. But it is no where as awesome as Hunger Games.