Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Prayers for My Sister Jenn

On Thursday, December 12, my sister Jenn is going to have open heart surgery.  We are praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.  She is in Cleveland, Ohio for her surgery, and has been there since Sunday, doing lots of tests and preparation.  The doctors have said that it is probably a congenital defect, and not genetic, and the surgery is not something out of the ordinary or super "unique" - though I would say that my sister is quite unique!

We know that God has been in charge of every step of the way for this surgery, including the date.  December 12 is the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  Her original date was supposed to be January, but when another patient was not able to get funding in time, this date opened.  It fits in very well with what we have been feeling, and the words of Our Lady are perfect during this time:

“Listen and let it penetrate your heart…do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?” (Our Lady’s words to her servant Juan Diego.)

This very special sister is the oldest in our family, and my Godmother.  I know that all will be well, but I have to admit that I am feeling very emotional.  She is so far away, and just want to be there, to be with her.  If you could lift up a little prayer that all goes well, it would be very appreciated.  Thank you!
  

1 comment:

Carole in Wales said...

You know how special she is to all of us! I am keeping her as well as the rest of your family in prayer today!