Saturday, March 16, 2013

Habemus Papam!!

It has been 2 days.  I have been glued to the television, iphone, and "popealarm" has sent me text messages and emails.  I have been so involved in waiting for this new Pope.  We finally had white smoke and I was home with just my little guys, James and William.  I was crying, screaming and dancing and jumping around the room!!!!!  The feeling of joy, excitement, and love was just overwhelming when he came out on the balcony, so sweet, humble and so, so, perfect.  It is an amazing time to be a Catholic!!  I am in awe of our Holy Spirit.  Totally in awe.

I am a little attached to this Pope, maybe because I watched and kept up with the whole Conclave, but his name.  Oh!!!  His NAME!  Pope Francis!  My mother named me after Saint Francis of Assisi, and my William's middle name is Francis.  I love that he chose such a humble saint and name.  Each article I read about him, just makes me smile.

Thank you, Lord, for giving our Church such a beautiful Shepherd!

No comments: