Thursday, May 3, 2012

Letting Go

I have finally figured out what the hardest part of moving is. No, it's not the packing. It's not even the mess that comes with packing, or showing the house or hunting for THE house. It's none of those things at all.

I have no control.

We have sold our house (yay!) and have found a new house to move into (double yay!). BUT, the house we are buying is a short sale. That means we are waiting for the bank, the homeowners, the inspections, etc, etc. It.is.so.much.WAITING. We have to wait for the bank to tell us everything is a go. We have to wait for the homeowners to prove hardship, we have to wait for the next step of the short sale process, which is ANYTHING but short. Every week we wait for more news, so we have some idea of when we will be in our new home, and NOT between homes. We knew it was going to be like this, but I don't think I fully grasped the process. As usual. I'm the idiot newbie when it comes to big things like this. So, that is one part of the waiting process.

The other waiting part is with our house. The new owners get a say on inspection, the price, the time frame of closing, the condition of things in the house, etc. I just realized today that we are like a pawn. Worthless and just for show at this point. Our opinion or needs don't really matter right now. We are the last ones to know anything it seems, and it just feels like there is no end in sight to this Limbo. We have a closing date set for our house, so we will need to be out of it then, but, here is the big question, where will we be going?? I was really hoping we would be doing some things to show that we would have a home to go to, but I am starting to think that it's not going to happen. Tommy came home from work and started saying that we need to think about where we are going to go. Um, may I suggest Disneyworld?? The happiest place on earth may just be what we need. Sigh. No, really. Does anyone want a family of 6 moving in with them for an indefinite amount of time? Maybe you will take the kids and Tommy and I will go to the hotel......that sounds quite appealing. :) Thankfully, we do have a lot of family in the area, but who really wants to impose on family, or anyone for that matter, for any length of time? Yeah, I didn't think so. That's what's going on here.

Yes, this is a whiny post, and thank you if you have gotten all the way through it. Maybe you have some good news to share with me, or would like to join me in my daily, daily prayer:
Jesus, I trust in YOU!

No comments: