Saturday, March 5, 2011

Today was the big day. First Confession for Patrick. All week I have been hoping to go as a family so I could get to confession with him. My plans were changed by my 2 sick kids who needed some extra TLC and a doctor's visit to say we have and ear infection, and watching for strep. It's always hard to go to the doctor's on a Saturday, but there is one doctor in particular with whom I don't have the best appointments. I usually feel very small and frustrated, largely in part due to temperment (mine) and personality (the doctor's). Unfortunately, this doctor was the only one there, and Tommy wanted to take Patrick, so it was my job to take the 2 sickies. I am so happy to tell you that the appointment went well. I am so grateful to God for such a good visit, with smiles, laughter and well-behaved kids. I know God was taking care of me because He knows how tough it was to miss Patrick's big day, and to deal with this doctor. I also know that Patrick did really well at his confession. He even went to a retired priest (the one with the shortest line) who has an accent. As we were going through the steps to confession, I asked what kind of penance he thought he would get. His response was that only grown-ups with big sins get big penances (like 5 rosaries) and he only has small sins so he won't get a big one. He was right! :) I am so proud of him, and I think he did a great job. I can't wait to take him for his next time!

No comments: