Monday, September 13, 2010

Murphy and me

We seem to be good friends lately. If there is something that can go wrong lately, it will for me. I decided to spend my Monday running errands and especially going to the grocery store. But, I was awakened at 2:30 by a child vomiting, poor thing. So, my day changed. It was spent washing sheets and towels, and just keeping myself busy at home. But I did need to go to the store, so at 8:30PM I go to the store with all the other freaks and procrastinators. (On a side note, I will smile and greet lots of people at the store during the day. Not so much when you go at night. Not the same kind of folks.) I was so proud of myself because I brought my reusable grocery bags, which I usually forget, since that is something else I am good at (now, what was I talking about again?). I get to the counter and she starts loading up the bags. I attempted to pick one up and OHmygoodnesswomandoIlooklikesomeonewithsuperhumanstrength??? She had put frozen goods, a gallon of milk, produce AND an apple juice in the same bag. You have got to be kidding me. I watch as she proceeds to put my eggs on top of everything else in the other bag (mind you, I brought more that just 2 bags). I pay, and ask if, of course, she got the bags discount? Oh no, of course not. They don't give discounts for the bags. Are you kidding me?? I felt like I had a sign on my head: This woman only lives by Murphy's Law. Please be sure to make this late night trip to the store just what she needs to finish her day.

I have to keep telling myself that these moments are occasions of grace and patience for me, but sometimes it is hard.

No comments: