Monday, June 21, 2010

The San Diego Zoo

I am so glad that Tommy had a business trip that took him to San Diego. I am also very glad that he decided to plan a trip that involves the whole family! He is so awesome when he takes over the planning of the trip. Our vacation was perfect in so many ways: the weather was great, the company was great, and the sites were just amazing. The first stop was the famous San Diego Zoo, which I will admit I thought wouldn't be as much fun. I was really wrong!
Our first greeting! Can you believe how lucky?

We got so close to these gorillas. The new banner photo (BTW, do you like the new blog layout? Be sure and tell me! My sister Jenn is the one to thank for fixing the layout oddness!) is from a statue area near the gorillas.

The Flamingo stance. It was stinky in that area, said Emma.
We got to see not one but 2 tigers! I could have stood there all day. I still can't believe how close we were to all the animals.
There are 2 hippos in this 120,000 gallon tank.
By far, though, my favorite was the polar bear. He was soo huge and I was super excited to be up close to him. I waited a long time to get this view and it was so worth it!


They have so many pandas at that zoo. I liked his nose sticking out of this one.

Patrick took this for us, and I think he didn't do too badly!

I loved the zoo, and William especially loved visiting the animals. Everything got a hello and a wave, and all the relatives of the monkey family were called just that.





The gibbons were out singing for us that day. At the end of the video you will hear Tommy telling Patrick to do something. The sentence is finished with "get your head out of that trashcan." I didn't even want to know.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great pictures! Love the one of the peacock. You are bringing back good memories for me - we went there on our honeymoon!