Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life as Wii know it

We love it. Really. We love having the Wii, though I admit I did fight the purchase of it. I was unsure of how it would work out with the homeschooling and chores, but I admit, it has been really nice. It's so much fun to play together and it keeps the kids from making a big mess (sometimes). Even William gets into the action! He grabs a Wii-mote (why does that make me giggle every time I say it? Tommy has to make a little stop in the middle because he says he feels funny saying. Try it. It will make you laugh) and starts waving it in the air like we do, and he is so proud of himself. I have to admit that I use the Wii for leverage to get certain things done around the house because it is so new, and the excitement is still there. Patrick is a whiz with the games, and when he is the #1 wii-mote - oh boy, watch out! He wields that power well.

We have some really great games, but I have to say my favorite is Toy Story Mania. It's like the ride at Disneyworld and it makes me laugh and feel like I am at a carnival and WDW all over again. The other games are fun (Sports, Resort), but I like this one the best. I am not very athletic and when I go to play the sports, I get this feeling of being back in school: the last one picked for a team, everyone's just waiting for you to finish your turn because they know you aren't going to hit the ball/shoot/whatever very well, let's just get on with it. It's terrible! I get a little competitive, but it frustrates me that I have so much trouble with those. (LOL I get frustrated easily) But when Tommy gets up there, he is always good at the games, and he must get the opposite feeling: the crowd is hushed, the outfielders move back, closer to the walls, the archers are sure to move out of the way all because the BIG MAN is up! We want him on OUR team! It's fun to watch him play because he does do so well.

I like that we have something "cool" at our home since I never had any kind of computer or video games growing up (we did have Pac-Man, but I don't remember playing it). I love sharing it with the others and so does Patrick. If we have anyone come to the house they are immediately bombarded with "doyouwanttoplayWii? whataboutWiisports? OrwehavesupermariobrothersandwecanplaythatbutIdon'tlikethislevelsoI
won'tplaythatone." Do you think the excitement will die down anytime soon? If I know my son, the answer is nope.

ETA: We are doing Adjectives in English right now. We had an exercise that required writing your own adjective for the noun "home." Patrick's answer: the Wii home. Google is a verb, why can't Wii be an adjective??

2 comments:

KC said...

We LOVE the Wii Fit Plus. Some of those activities are awesome for my autistic son who has gross motor skill problems. It's a LOT of fun.

We have the Sports Resort one too. I love the archery.

Ivey Family said...

You get a "little competitive"? The Reynolds clan is uber competitive with the Wii!