Friday, December 18, 2009

This and That....

  • We are expecting snow. LOTS of snow. I am not sure I am fully prepared. I think I need to make a grocery store run, but I think my bags would come home filled with chocolate, cookies, chips, and maybe some toilet paper. To be honest, that's all I'm concerned with right now!
  • We had to go shopping to be sure we had proper snow clothing, since the snow may stick around a while. We managed to find some for the one who really needed them (Emma, who grows like a weed) at TJMaxx, but discovered a run on snowsuits at Target. Not one to be found.
  • Did I mention how excited I am that Tommy's Christmas vacation starts TONIGHT!?!?! He has off until after the new year. *dancing a jig* "He's home! He's home! He's home with Bonnie Jean!" (name that movie, siblings!) Part of this will be for catching up on Honey Dew list, but that is part of my Christmas present.
  • Maybe I should add popcorn to my list from the store? And some movies?
  • Speaking of movies, we finally saw UP! the other night. I was very glad I had a box of tissues nearby. Tommy didn't get to see the whole thing, but I think that will be one that we just might own. There are some other Disney ones that we have, but I'd rather not. Ya know?
  • Oh, and paper towels.
  • William is talking so much lately, and his favorite thing is to have a ball in his hands. Of any kind. I gave him a meatball the other night for dinner, and told him "William, it's a meatball." His eyes lit up and he said "Put-ball!" (football) His favorite word. Ever.
  • For the last 2 Christmases, I have been making a photo calendar for the Reynolds Family on Snapfish and it has been a hit. I really enjoy doing it, and I love that Tommy's family seems to enjoy it as well. I know my kids love it, and it reminds them to pray for their family, especially on their birthdays and whatnot. Well, I discovered that in all the years that I have known Tommy, I have been spelling his Sister-in-law's name WRONG! Ack. I am a kind of (oh, in things like this?? I SO AM) a perfectionist, and that is just making me so frustrated. All these years?!!?? Seriously!?!? Tommy says he's not a proof reader, so it's no big deal, but boy, it is to me. That's her name, y'all. So, needless to say, I had to fix it. I had to fix it and send her one that has it correct. It's wrong on everyone else's though, since I purchased them with a coupon. Sigh.
  • Can you tell me why my kids get up at the crack of dawn? We can start with that question, but I want to expand on it. They get up at the crack of dawn, play and play and play and fight and play some more. But as soon as they see me, they want breakfast. Now, these kids have been getting their own breakfasts for at least a year and half, or at least since I had William. Do I look like a piece of toast or a scrambled egg? They still do it themselves, but only when I show my disheveled self on the stairs.
  • We were at the Knight's Hall the other night for a Scout meeting, and Tommy was holding William. All of the sudden he says "Papa!" He was looking at the pictures of the Grand Knight's above the door, and there is a picture of my dad!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

My husband and I loved "Up" too! Such a sweet movie. Hope you are enjoying the snow :)