Monday, November 30, 2009

The way things usually go

  • On our trip to the police station, the sergeant was explaining to us that the county was going to be spending such and such an amount to make this building "green." I was trying to figure out why they would want to paint the building green, as that didn't make much sense to me. I was still pondering when he began telling about the light bulbs and windows that it occurred to me what he meant. THAT kind of green. I am so not in that mode. LOL
  • Emma's ballet class is in a racquetball court at the fitness center, and there are about 3 courts to choose from. The last few classes have been great for the boys because they have been able to watch some people play in the court next to us. They have played racquetball, as well as set up a net. I told Patrick that they were playing volleyball. He says, "Nope, it's Wally ball." Well, I thought he was just reading the net, which was probably made by some business named "Wally" so we kind of went back and forth a little. Until I told my Dad what Patrick said, and, naturally, my 6 year old is correct. "It's called Wally ball because they hit it off the walls." Sigh.

2 comments:

Carole in Wales said...

I had the same problem, Fuzzy. Over here, green is a key word as they are very ecological.

And I like the Wally ball story. Be sure you write that one down to keep forever.

Catherine said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! Your children are beautiful. I see that you are homeschooling - something my husband and I hope to do one day, too!