Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rainy days and mumblings

  • Can anyone tell me why you would eat a pomegranate? We cut open one to let the kids try it, and, unfortunately, they are like me. They like the tartness of the red part, but when it comes to the crunchy part inside, they want nothing to do with it and will spit it out. Those were my feelings EXACTLY when I tried it. Can we have it without the crunchy part? I don't think it was ripe enough either, so that contributed a lot to the different textures.
  • We took a trip to Frying Pan Park/Farm for a kids music concert (so fun) and a visit with the animals. There is a smokehouse, henhouse, dairy, and lots of farm animals. There were some piglets under a warmer that we got to see, as well as the big mamma pig. Emma must have had a "Wilber" moment, because she was asking me why someone cut up a pig? Apparently she connected the pig parts that were hanging in the smokehouse. She was all worried about the family, and said that they wouldn't "chop up a pig until the end of the world." Then it would be all right.
  • Does anyone else think that the calendar, mother nature, or SOMETHING is off?? Out my window the clouds look like they have snow in them, and the little man on my temperature things says that I should have a hat, scarf and big heavy coat on. Excuse me? Isn't it October?? It's crazy to feel like I have to put the heat in my house on already.
  • Can I admit that I let my kids put on Christmas music today. *sheepish grin* and I enjoyed it?
  • Have I mentioned lately how sweet my DH is? I had a rough day, so I made an easy meal: hot dogs, mac 'n' cheese, and beans. You would have thought it was filet mignon I had prepared for him, he was so excited! I love that man.

No comments: