Friday, October 2, 2009

I think I just found my new best friend.

In the morning, there is a crispness in the air that makes you snuggle under your covers a little more. The afternoon is sunny and gives you the extra push to go out and enjoy it while it is still around. Evenings just call for a walk among some crunchy leaves that are on the ground, watching them do their dance in the wind that can't decide which way to go. The weather changes so quickly, and seems to want to do everything at once. That's why I like fall: it's indecisive.

It reminds me of me.

Like a woman, who can't decide which outfit to wear: so she wears them all! She wears the coats and sweaters in the morning to get the feel for the winter clothes that she can't wait to put on, but yet, looks at all the summer outfits and doesn't want to leave them behind so she will include them during the day. Fall just wants to be fair. "Let's make it cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoon." I also think it likes to accessorize: changing leaf colors, letting some flowers peak out as a final hurrah for a splash of color, and the overall color palate change is such a feminine quality ("I'm tired of looking at the same tones. Time for an overhaul!") I can totally relate. I have the same feelings. I never thought I was a fan of this season (with all the hubbub of activity that comes, as well as school, and sports) until now. I get it. I understand it.

Ask me if I still feel this way when Spring emerges....

No comments: