Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Musings

Tommy and the kids love to go to the pool. I enjoy the sun, enjoy the time with the family, but I am not a big fan of the pool. The kids know that, because Daddy is way more fun anyhow. Notice how there are no pictures of me in the water with the kids? Not that I didn't get in the water, but, well, it IS my blog, but I am the one with the camera, so that settles that. But I was never a big fan of the water. I am not a swimmer, and to tell the truth, I loathe and dispise bathing suits. I am no Claudia Schiffer or Heid Klum (boy, would I love to look that good pregnant, or even be close to their heights - 5'11" and 5'9") by ANY stretch, but seriously, does anyone LIKE putting on a bathing suit? I mean, the process of finding one alone is pure torture, with the bazillion of styles for this body type, color choices, florescent bulbs and *shudder* mirrors and dontevengetmestartedonshaving. Ever notice the common theme when you see bathing suit models (besides the perfect bodies, airbrushing and retouching)? The suits are dry. It's a conspiracy. Even if you find one that looks remotely good, get it wet, and all bets are off. It starts sagging here, clinging more here, don't forget the wedgie back THERE, and the straps falling down, and don't sit on the side of the pool, or you will have a backside faded and pill-y. It's a lose-lose situation. And that's if you don't have kids. If you have kids, you have to get a towel wrapped around them first. You have to carry the baby in and out, and therefore can't tug on the offending area while holding said 20 pound appendage, since of course, it takes 2 hands since it's wet and stuck to you. And you know, even if you go in the water in a t-shirt and shorts, it STILL is the same thing.

So while I do, in theory, enjoy the pool with the family, can't we do it without everything that comes with it? As my dad used to tease us, can't we go to the pool and not get wet?

2 comments:

Maryan said...

LOL! Bathing suits are a pain. But I love the water - not sure if I like lake or ocean better. But when you're in NOVA, pool works too. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.