Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Pride goeth before..." you know the rest

To unload the car from any trip to the store requires a few trips: unlock front door, unload kids, unload sleeping kid and then get the bags (however many or few there are). Today, I am on my way back to the van, and as I am walking down the stairs, I see my new neighbor. I wave and say hello as I continue to walk. My foot catches the side of the sidewalk and wa-boom! My left knee hits the corner of the sidewalk, my right knee hits the grass and my hands slam onto the sidewalk. Ouch. Oh yes, it hurts. But what is worse? I am TOTALLY embarrassed. My neighbor comes over to check on me, and wants to be sure I am all right. I am mortified, and in soo much pain, but my pride is just smashed to smithereens. I have a good size scrape on my left knee and leg, and, just to show how old I am, my back hurts too. I thank him for checking on me, and proceed to finish unloading AFTER he goes back into the house, terrified I may do it again! He was so kind to check on me, and I wished I could have made some joke about it, but it's so hard to think of things in the moment. When I told Tommy the story, he laughed so hard, and with his great sense of humor said I needed to ask my neighbor if "all the girls have that reaction to him." LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well u do have your hands full.
-Wilson