Friday, June 19, 2009

Tommy's Favorite

Father's Day is on Sunday and I wanted to post one of Tommy's all-time favorite recipes. I have his gift all ready to go (yay me!) and I am looking forward to sharing that with you all. I hope he likes it!

The Pampered Chef ®
Blackened Fish Tacos:
Slaw:
¼ cup sliced green onions with tops
2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp Cajun or blackened fish seasoning
2 cups broccoli slaw mix
Fish:
1 lb tilapia (or catfish) fish fillets
1 tbsp Cajun or blackened seasoning
1 avocado, seeded and sliced
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed (I use flour, for taste and warm in the microwave)
3 medium radishes (I don't usually do)
Additional cilantro (optional)

1. For slaw, in a small bowl, combine green onions, cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, sugar and seasoning; whisk until blended. Add slaw, toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Heat Grill Pan over med heat. Moisten fillets with water and sprinkle with seasoning. Lightly spray oil on the pan. Cook fillets until fish flakes easily with fork (10-12 minutes). Remove from heat.
3. Cut avocado into slices lengthwise. Warm tortillas. Top with slaw mixture, avocado, fish and grate radishes over fish. Top with additional cilantro, if desired.

From The Pampered Chef: It's Good for You Cookbook

No comments: