Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Outing



Tommy decided he wanted to spend Father's Day in Old Town Manassas, at the Wine and Jazz Festival (or Festi-full as Emma kept calling it.) We invited everyone to join us, and the Iveys, my Mom, and Mr. Matt (who came later) enjoyed the day with us.


There were so many Virginia Winerys there, and you could go all around and do a tasting - just like if you went to the Winery. Tommy is a big fan of Virginia, and loves to see all there is to offer.



The moms and babies (big and small) set up an area under a tree and took turns with the Dads to go tasting. We were near the caboose and the kids did some climbing and made some new friends. The sky was overcast and threatened to rain, but it never did. We had a lovely breeze that kept us cool and the shade of the tree made it perfect.


I loved Lauren's shirt!

We got this shot before Mr. Matt arrived. Notice all the guys are in similar shirts? I did that for my family and Father's day, it was just a coincidence that Mike had his on too! What's the saying about "great minds..."?
(Mr. Matt with Emma trying to cover up the "good times" pose.)

We were having such a fun time together and the weather was so nice that we wanted to find a place to have dinner outside. We tried for Okra's, which was full, and across the way is Carmello's. Mike saw an empty table and got us all around the table, even the 2 strollers. The meal was delicious, and even though we were outside, the kids still behaved themselves and were very patient. I didn't think I will ever be able to say that I took my kids to Carmello's!
Tommy and I are so blessed to have such great friends and family nearby (I know I have said this before, but I really mean it!) and we love that we can enjoy time together. I think the day was just perfect!

No comments: