Saturday, May 30, 2009

Patrick-isms

While we were in Disney, the conversation turned to swimming, and Patrick asked Mani if she would come swimming with us. Mani said, "Well, I don't have a swimming suit."

Patrick: "Oh, so you swim without any clothes on?" (so sweetly and innocently asked, but of course, reduced us to giggles.)

One of the things we neglected to do was bring a double stroller to Disney. We only brought a single, thinking just William would need a spot to sit. Patrick is always the one who is asking to sit, or be carried, especially so he can view a map more easily. We had a friend walking around the park with us, and Patrick had decided he had enough walking. Patrick, in his logic says to my friend who is holding his hand: "You know, a 45 year old can carry a 5 year old."
(I missed this conversation, but was told it after I turned and saw him in her arms.)

Had to add one more: Talking to my cousin's wife yesterday, about Disney. She mentioned the rides she rode while 6 months pregnant, including Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. My reader hears the conversation and says, "That ride isn't for pregnant mommies. You have to be as tall as me to ride it, but you can't be an 'expectant mother' riding it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way Patrick thinks.
-Wilson