Friday, July 22, 2011

Scout Camping

Our Patrick is a bear scout now, and is really enjoying the activities with the scouts. He did 2 camping trips this summer, and even though he doesn't say much about it, I know he had a blast.


He did tell me his favorite thing to do was the sling shot. Notice the cape? The theme was superheroes!



Green arrow Reynolds.



Here are some of his pack at the campgrounds. He and Tommy came home hoarse from their weekend, and I love that I keep hearing the little things he learned while at camp. "And-a ONE, and-a TWO, and-a you-know-what-to-do!" They did some songs too, and he's been singing "there are no bananas in the sky (in the sky)" and teaching his siblings.

Click for the full effect. I had no idea he could make faces like that!


Tommy and Patrick are both involved in the pack, and it's so neat to have so many friends from school there with him. I am really impressed with our pack leader. He is great with all the boys, and (this is what really got me) arranged meals for us after James was born. They came at perfect intervals, and were all delicious. We never had anyone coordinate meals after a baby was born, and he didn't even ask, just did. He would tell us when dinner was coming and we would enjoy it. It's a small thing, but made a big impact on me. We are so blessed to have such great friends and community.

No comments: